Sunday, January 11, 2015

Recipes and More: Oatmeal

Dear Diary, 



When I was little, I used to absolutely detest oatmeal. Now that I am almost a grown adult I have fallen in love with the mushy breakfast dish. 

The other day I decided to be healthy-I know, I know- and I made myself a hearty bowl of oatmeal. I also tried my whack at making a smoothie, which turned out fantastic if I do say so myself.


For the oatmeal I used:
2 cups of Quaker Oats oatmeal
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon (or a splash) of cinnamon

For the smoothie I used:
1 sliced apple (I used gala, but green would be good too)
1 sliced banana
1 cup of cranberry juice
1 1/2 cups of ice
1 tablespoon of sugar (to taste)


For my oatmeal, I first put my two cups of oatmeal in a small saucepan and covered it in water. I set it on my stove to boil. You only need to keep it cooking as long as you like-depending on if you like your oatmeal mushy or extra mushy.

After I had it on the stove for about two minutes, I turned the burner off and poured my oatmeal in a bowl.

Then I moved on to my smoothie. Last year my mom bought a Ninja blender. I absolutely love this thing. It blends so smoothly. 

Anyway, I poured 1 1/2 cups of ice into the blender first, then added my sliced apple and sliced banana. I blended these first to crush all the ice. I then added the cup of cranberry juice (I love cranberry juice in smoothies!) and tasted to see if I needed any sugar. If you use cranberry juice, you probably don't need to add any more sugar-I did not. 

After my meal was prepared to perfection, I lounged in front of my TV for a binge session of Hart of Dixie. I mean seriously, if you haven't seen this show yet-please start! You can thank me later.


What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?


Until next time,


Eliza Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, please!