Thursday, January 22, 2015

Music: My Favorites of 2014

Dear Diary,



I know this is a little late seeing that it's already a month into 2015, but I think this is necessary to discuss.

I think 2014 was a great year for music. I don't really listen to the same music as a lot of other people my age do. I'm not really into rap, dubstep, or a lot of country. I like indie music folk-rock, 80's rock, and alternative from the 90's and early 2000's. My sister likes to say I'm a "wannabe hipster," which isn't too far from what I am, if you define "hipster" as a thrift store shopper, unpopular music listener, and self-claimed loner.

Anyway, let's get to it.

10.) Hozier-"Take Me To Church" || I'm going to start of with a more popular song from Billboard's top songs of the year. We've all heard this one play over the radio millions of times. Check YouTube for some great covers, too.



9.) Fitz And The Tantrums-"The Walker" || This song was released in May of this year and I can't get it out of my head.



8.) Angels & Airwaves-"The Wolfapack" || Who doesn't love Thomas DeLonge from Blink-182? If you were a fan back then, you'd definitely love this song as much as I do.



7.) Josiah Leming-"Long Gone" || Josiah is one of my favorite singer-songwriters ever. I got to meet him back in early 2013 at one of his shows. He is one of the nicest, most genuine people I have ever talked to. This song is definitely a display of how far he's gotten. I'm so proud of him.



6.) Alex & Sierra-"Little Do You Know" || I spent the third season of The X-Factor cheering this couple on. I love them so much, and I have so much pride for them.



5.) The Kooks-"Bad Habit" || Easily one of my favorite bands. If you haven't heard of them before, then I feel completely sorry for you. Flashbacks to 10th grade rush to mind. Love this song!



4.) Foster The People-"Best Friend" || I loved "Pumped Up Kicks" from 2011, and this song definitely tops that! Foster The People really know how to make a song a hit, that's for sure.



3.) The Script-"Superheroes" || This is currently the song I get ready to in the morning. Super catchy and easy to listen to.



2.) Real Estate-"Talking Backwards" || Folk-Rock at it's best. I love the sound that Real Estate has made for themselves. I have been listening to their tunes for a couple of years, and I swear they just keep getting better.



1.) McBusted-"Air Guitar" || Busted and McFly together. There's nothing more I can really say except that all of my dreams have come true. This song rocked my world in 2014, and is my top song of the year!


I hope you guys liked taking a look into what I enjoyed listening to this past year. Maybe I have even introduced you to something you haven't heard of before! 

What were your favorite songs of 2014?


Until next time,

Eliza Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, please!