Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Back To School: Getting Back Into The Flow

Dear Diary, 



I am officially back at school! I spent the weekend reorganizing all of my things-I brought back so much stuff from home, it's quite sad. Now I am 2 full days into the semester. My schedule for Spring is pretty crazy! I am lucky enough not to have any Friday classes, but I have two three hour classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, along with two other classes those days. So basically, during the week my Mondays and Wednesdays I have one class at 11:20 a.m., and then my day is done. That frees up a lot of time if I really think about it, but I am a little stressed about my Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I, like many other college students, spent my break binge-watching Netflix. But hey, Friends was released on New Year's Day-what is more exciting than that? 

Now the hard part is getting back into the rhythm of that school flow. I am a moderately lazy person, so I have a ton of trouble trying to keep things on track. Fortunately, I have compiled a list of tips and tricks to help me get back in focus for Spring Semester.

Let's get into it. 

1.) Keep a planner. || I did this last semester because I know how my mind works. If I don't write something down, there is a 99.9% chance I will not remember it. A planner or agenda helps me keep everything I need to do in one place so I know due dates, exam days, and even when my favorite shows come on. 

2.) Write "To-Do" Lists. || I am notorious for my To-Do lists. I have multiple post-it notes in different places around my dorm to help me to remember what I need to get done that day. I even have a white board that my roommate and I write on to remember to clean our dishes, get popcorn, or do a load of laundry. This is such an easy way to keep track of what needs to be done, and you can cross off the things you have completed.

3.) Get back into a normal sleep cycle. || I spent my break staying up until 1-2 a.m. reading or scrolling through Tumblr and not waking up until noon. This is so unhealthy. Getting back into normal sleeping patterns is hard, but you have to do it. Getting at least 7 hours of sleep is extremely important for not only your mental health, but your physical health, too. Just think of all the things you can accomplish from 8 a.m. to noon that you couldn't have done if you were sleeping. Try getting into bed before 11 p.m. if you can. 

4.) Set everything out at night. || I usually throw on yogas and a sweatshirt every morning, but some people like to dress up for classes-I applaud those people. If you're one of the envious, try setting out an outfit the night before to make sure everything is ready so you don't have to waste a half hour looking for a top to match the skirt you want to wear. Also, try keeping everything you need for the next day's classes in your backpack, that way you can just throw it over the shoulder when you leave for the day.


I hope this helps those of you who are trying to get back into the school regiment. Good luck this semester, and bring home those good grades!

What do you do to get your focus back into school?


Until next time,

Eliza Grace

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Eliza! And I'm not just saying that because I'm your mom. ;) You make me very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if you forget to write something on your To-Do list? Do you have a To-Do list for your To-Do list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you remember something you need to do, you should write it down. It you forget to write it down, I can't help you there!

      Delete

Be nice, please!