Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Top Ten on my Bucket List

Dear Diary,


I get to travel to the UK this summer, and I have never been so excited or blessed to do anything in my life. My mom and I are going to fly out to see my sister, who has been studying abroad in Ireland this semester. We will be there for fifteen days-just enough time to see all I want to!

Since I get to go to my dream country, I have been thinking about a lot of the other things on my bucket list. 

Here are the top ten things I want to accomplish/do before I die. 

10.) Run a full and/or half marathon || Back in high school, my best friend ran the Buffalo Marathon at 17 years old. My friends and I went up there to support her, and ever since then I have wanted to try to run one. Just imagine how accomplished you would feel-like you could do anything!

9.) Learn how to surf || I can't swim very well, so I'd have to practice my water-treading skills before this...Surfing looks like so much fun and such a good workout. I also love all the little fishies as well!

8.) Go on a hot air balloon ride || Unfortunately, my boyfriend is afraid of heights, so this might be something I do with a friend or my sister. I've actually always wanted to be proposed to in a hot air balloon. I'd love that view.

7.) Study abroad || My sister has now studied abroad twice. I've always wanted to travel, and I'm so excited to study in a whole other country! Maybe London, maybe Amsterdam, maybe Athens!

6.) Swim with dolphins || Dolphins are so cute! Again, I really should learn to swim, but I've got time!

5.) Go on an African safari || How amazing would that be?! Giraffes are my favorite animal, and I would love to be able to see them up close and personal. That would be beautiful, and such an amazing experience.

4.) Go on a mission trip to Africa || In high school, I was apart of the Interact Club and we were lucky enough to donate three water wells to a community in Niger. Ever since then, I have wanted to volunteer in that area. I feel like it is a life-changing opportunity, and I feel bad that I have everything I need and more, but the people who live in third-world countries have close to nothing. That is not fair.

3.) Live in a tiny home || I did a whole post on tiny homes here, check it out!

2.) Have my own talk show || This is a lifelong dream of mine. Jimmy Fallon, Johnny Carson, Ellen DeGeneres. I have always wanted to be a talk show host. (Eliza Grace at 8!)

1.) Have a family || I've dreamt about my wedding since I was 11 years old, and even walked around with a water ballon baby for a year (his name was Horatio). I've always wanted a family!


What are some items on YOUR bucket list?


Until next time,

Eliza Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, please!