Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Tiny Homes

Dear Diary,


Lately I have been addicted to watching tiny house tour videos on YouTube. I can't help myself! They are so amazing, and economically such great ideas. I have always been interested in interior design and architecture, and designing and even building, my own home sounds like the perfect experience.

I want to build my own tiny home after college...or at least that's what I am hoping for. The homes are usually around 200 square feet. That may sound small, but there are so many storage opportunities and space-saving tricks to use that makes the place seem so much bigger.

{source}
The smaller houses can be built on a foundation (like above) or on a trailer for transportation (like below). Building on a trailer gives you the excuse to travel. This can make paying for rent on land such an easier process. 

{source}

{source}
You can even do an "off-grid" tiny home, that makes you completely independent from plumbing, electric, and water. Plumbing can be solved with a composting toilet which uses saw dust to cover excrement and can be used in your garden. Electric can be supplied by solar panels, and water can be caught and filtered through a rain water collection process.

{source}

         
{source}


Tiny homes are a great way to save money, especially if you decide to go off-grid. 

I love the sleeping lofts, as well. If you want more head room, people make their tiny homes in a "shack-like" way-with a slanted roof on one side, instead of both.



{source}
{source}
{source}

  
All in all, I love the tiny home movement. I think it is such a great idea for singles, couples or small families. I would not try to raise an entire family in it...the close proximity might become a bit claustrophobic for  me! I just love this idea so, so much!

What do you think about the tiny house?


Until next time,

Eliza Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, please!