Monday, March 23, 2015

Makeup Monday: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review

Dear Diary,

I took a little trip up to the Pittsburgh Waterfront last week. I (of course) decided to do a little shopping at Ulta. If you know me, you know I basically live in Ulta. My poor boyfriend had to wait while I shopped...

Anyway, I spent a long time in the NYX section. Y'all know how much NYX products mean to me! I decided to try the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream because I just love the matte lipstick that NYX makes.

Here's how it went:



The lipsticks are named after cities. So, my favorite city in the world is London, and that is the first one I checked out. I totally loved the color, but it was super similar to the color of Abu Dhabi- which is the color I ultimately picked. It is that brownish-mauve color that I love. But once I got home and tried them on my lips, I wish I would have gone ahead and bought London as well because the color was more mauve than brown, which Abu Dhabi ended up being (that brown color).


Here is Abu Dhabi:



The color is great, and I do love it, but I regret buying London (I will definitely buy this soon).

I love how smooth and almost silky the product is. It has a great long-lasting color and I would say it lasts pretty much all day (6-8 hours without reapplying).


I also bought Cannes, which is a more pink color and looks like this:

(top color)
Overall, I really like this product. I think it is a great buy, for just about $5! Perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, please!