Friday, December 19, 2014

What Do I Do When There's NOTHING To Do?

Dear Diary, 


Being home from college is such a strange transition. I have been living on my own for three months in a big city, being able to do anything I want at the drop of the hat. Now I have to ask my parents to do anything and go anywhere. 

Nevertheless, I am having a blast not worrying about anything. 

Since I've been cooped up on my house, not being able to do virtually anything, I have compiled a list of activities that can keep anyone occupied (even a college student!).

1.) Learn something new! || I just got this "Crochet for Beginners" book that comes with year and crochet (sticks?), and that has been keeping me busy the past few days! I have even learned how to start a scarf. 

2.) Start a Pinterest. || I have been on this site for over 4 years now! I joined back when it was 'invitation only,' and it shows. This can keep me occupied for literally hours. 
Follow me here---> pinterest.com/lizig96 

3.) Catch up on some Netflix. || Let's face it: it is an addiction. I have watched so many series, I should be committed. A few I have been absolutely loving lately are:
Hart of Dixie || I just recently started watching this one, but I love it already. Drama, hot guys, fashion, and Southern charm. Need I say more? 
Parenthood || I binge-watched this one. I finished the first 5 seasons in three weeks. I have never been so proud. 
Gilmore Girls (but of course) || I would not be myself if I didn't add this one. Mothers and daughters will love this show. A little bit of comedy, a little bit of drama, and a whole lot of love. Plus-Melissa McCarthy starting her career. What could be better than this? 
Brothers & Sisters (act fast-this one is taken off streaming 1/4/15!!) || Drama. Drama. Drama. Family drama is fun to watch-as long as it isn't your own family, of course.
Gossip Girl || Every girl's dream: New York City, friends, and boys. I honestly didn't think I would like this show, but I fell in love after the first episode. Can you say Chuck Bass?
The Office || I can't even explain how much I love this show. Steve Carell at his best. This will keep you laughing throughout the whole series. Trust me on this one.
4.)  Workout. || Can you say Freshman 15?

5.) Cook/bake || Even if you aren't exactly a gourmet chef-my family won't hesitate to tell you that I am not- cooking something on your own can be quite satisfying. Try something easy to start off, like cookies, or a homemade Mac n' Cheese. 


Anyone else have suggestions I didn't mention?



Until next time,

Eliza Grace

1 comment:

  1. Hey...you only have to ask to borrow the car and let us know when you will be home. That way we can tell you if we have any plans you don't know about! We are typical parents I think.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, please!