Wednesday, December 17, 2014

P.D.A.: How Far is too Far?

Dear Diary,


Something has been bothering me lately.

PDA (public displays of affection).

No matter how hard you try to avoid it, you will see it. 

My boyfriend and I have discussed our views on the topic. This is on our list of things we actually agree on. There are only a few "acceptable" public displays of affection in my book:

1.) Holding hands || So sweet.

2.) Hugs || Obviously cute and nothing too touchy-feely.

3.) Hand kisses, kisses on the cheek || Anymore is cutting it a little too close for me.

There are also a couple of unacceptable ways to show your love in a public setting. These include, but are not limited to:

1.) Making out || Let's face it: that is disgusting. I do not want to see tonguing on my way to class. I am sorry.

2.) Fondling || We know you love each other, but do you have to grab on your significant other's body to prove that you do?

As a person in a committed relationship, I honestly do not understand why some couples deem it necessary to show their affection in inappropriate ways. 

Basically, if you would be embarrassed for your older family members to see your "affection," do not do it in public. 

Leave the more "private" things for more private time and areas. Make it something that is special for the both of you, and not for the crowd around the subway station. 

What are your views on P.D.A.?


Until next time, 


Eliza Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, please!